Saturday, November 8, 2008

Welcome

Hello Everyone and welcome to our journey as we wait for Chloe. Both Justin and I have come to a point in our life together where we want to start a family and we have decided to move forward with adoption.

Our application has already been approved by the adoption agency, Wasatch International, and we have secured a loan for the process. We decided to adopt from Ethiopia for a couple of reasons. Its a faster process than most of the other countries, including the United States. In addition, Ethiopia is one of the only countries which allows infant adoptions.

In the coming week we will be getting our contracts notarized and sent off, as well as setting up a home study. For those of you who do not know what a home study is, this is a series of interviews and classes that help prepare adopting parents for the journey ahead of them.

If all goes smoothly, we should have our baby by the end of summer 2009.

Please continue to visit our blog as we progress through the process.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So, you're just going to be parents in a different way, that's all. And you will be terrific parents! I just can't wait to meet Chloe and smell her little baby head, because everyone knows that baby heads not only smell fantastic, but they also bring peace and goodwill to the world.

Great idea to create this blog. I'm excited to hear all about your adventures! Love you both.

G (and H.)

Kari Hasebi said...

I am so excited for the both of you. I can't wait to throw a baby shower and meet Chloe!!!

Poet Hound said...

Congratulations! Many well wishes for you and Justin from my husband and I.

LMS said...

Very exciting! Thanks for the blog link and we'll be sure to check in often. We'll be sending positive thoughts and well wishes your way. Can't wait for some good news.

debbie said...

I hope Chloe grows up to be as wonderful people as her parents. I know how you both love my advice so here it is. Love her, love her and love her some more, unconditionally, but not without boundaries and consequences. I hope she develops her granny's love of books. Who knows maybe SHE will love horror like I do.
Love you both
Chloe's Granny