Tuesday, November 18, 2008

decorating the room

Justin and I are still arguing on how to decorate the room. I still really want something aquatic and he wants anything but that. We haven't heard yet from the adoption agency what our next step is but it probably takes a little while to process our contracts and make sure our checks clear. Over the weekend we bought Chloe's first doll which also rattles. We also got a contoured changing mat to place on top of the used dresser we plan to buy second hand. I brought all of my childhood books up from the basement as well as some Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs figurines that my mom got from a McDonald's Happy Meal back in the 1980's.

Below are some pictures of Chloe's room before and after. We will continue to update the pictures of her room as we continue to decorate it.



3 comments:

j.b said...

i would like to interject a moment of clarity here: we are not "arguing" as much as "discussing heatedly with raised voices and clenched fists". :) just kidding.

these "aquatic" designs are hideous. i refuse to create grand mal seizures in my little girl. something soothing and soft and pretty. nothing so atrociously busy and garish as these designs Julee has chosen.

we will make a compromise soon. eventually. luckily, we have plenty of time.

Unknown said...

Well, the art above the crib is a good start! And who doesn't like purple, right? If you don't dig the fish motif, what about a hippo? Hippos live in water, so they're sort of like fish. I think the room is looking great. I'm also extremely interested in playing with some of those Happy Meal toys. Yeah. You heard me.

hlw said...

Cute room. Aquatic like sharks and barracudas? Just kidding. Should I start saving McDonald's toys? I mean, not that I ever feed MY kids junk food. Really.