Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Single Digits?

Is it possible? Can it really be?

Yes, we are 9 days out. We leave Thursday evening. So, really we can't count Thursday. And the weekend doesn't count. So, it's really 6 days. Scary.

Of course, there has to be drama. We're scrambling to get last minute things (that we didn't know we needed to have, but which the new liaison in our adoption agency (oh, didn't we tell you that the one we had got fired last week? Of course!) says we should have to avoid any trouble...why didn't she tell us this 8 months ago?). Anyway, I'm trying to get a letter from my work saying I'm employed there still, which sounds easy but isn't when work for a huge pharmaceutical company and the home office is in California, etc. etc. Lots of paperwork to fill out. Plenty of worrying to do.

But, it's single digits. My stomach just cramped. I'm gonna go throw up now.

2 comments:

hlw said...

YAY for throwing up! Because, you're so excited, that is.

j.b said...

Yay. I mean, if you're going to throw up, this is as good a reason as any, right?

Why my stomach is in such turmoil:
1) excited that this might finally be over.
2) fear that this might finally be over.

and

3) fear of the journey (I don't fly well).