Wednesday, March 3, 2010

February Update

Let's hope this is the last update we receive, but the February update (with two new pictures) just came in. It is the tenth such update we've received from them. Hard to believe it was ten months ago when we got matched with a beautiful, little month-old baby girl.

A little piece of sad news is that Chloë now has four teeth (two upper, two lower). We kinda wanted to be there when her teeth came in. There'll be others, I know, but the first is always the best. Oh well.

She sleeps through the night, eats well, and is crawling. She's looking so old now, too. She's a 4 month old in our minds, since those were the pictures we looked at the most. She'll be one week shy of her first birthday when we pick her up, three weeks from now. We're hoping we no longer have to rewind the countdown clock. T-minus 21 days. One more time.

Pictures:

6 comments:

Ms. B said...

I know it must be a little bittersweet to know that she's got some teeth now, and sleeps through the night, but you have plenty more "first"s to look forward to! Lemme see: first time she meets Uncle H and Aunty G (two weeks past her first birthday, so there's another first), first time she walks, first time she potty trains, first word, first day of school, first date. God, it's going to be great! Love you all and see you soon!

H. said...

Bah--those teeth fall out anyways...now, her first ADULT TOOTH--that will be the GOODS!

Unknown said...

Yeah, it's true. First ADULT tooth is going to be great. I love little kids with adult teeth, it's like a tiny little head and a big old tooth in there. It's goofy looking and therefore endearing.

Also Uncle H says, don't forget about her first gin and tonic. Of course, he was drinking a gin and tonic at the time. So, please be reassured we will not be giving your baby any gin and tonics until she's 35 or so.

j.b said...

Ah, gin and tonic. Why'd you do that? Now I want one myself.

Good points, guys. The teeth are temporary, and the adult teeth are more important. And, yes, we do have more "firsts" to look forward to.

I, too, like adult teeth in little kids. So awesome.

Soon. Jules and I are cautiously optimistic. Seems like this will actually happen. I even had a dream about her last night. First one. For some reason that made sense in the dream, but doesn't now (like most dreams), we were at a swimming meet. She was probably 5, but looked like she does in her pictures. I asked her if she wanted some chocolate. She said "yes". I was overjoyed that she knew English. She then leaned to my ear and whispered, "chocolate is my favorite." That's when I woke up. Still makes me smile.

That's the last dream I'll ever recount here. Dreamstories are boring to everyone except the dreamer, and even then it's only marginally engaging.

hlw said...

Geez, that dream story totally made me tear up.
1. I love chocolate
2. It's midnight and I'm tired
3. Lovely story and I could totally picture it!
You should share dream stories if they are this cute. Now I know what I'm bringing Chloe the first time I meet her, yep, chocolate. And not that cheap Hershey's crap.

j.b said...

Thanks Heleen, I'm glad the dreamstory touched you. It was certainly touching to me. Shocking, even, as I remember my dreams only rarely.

Oh, and you better clearly mark that the chocolate is for Chloë because I will steal it. It's my only weakness.
Yes, I will take candy from a baby.
I kid. Kinda.